Como frijoles? (how’ve ya bean?) haha i crack myself up.
I’ve bean good because I had vegan bean and cheese quesadillas! (i’ll be here all week, folks)
anyhoo, this was the first time either of us had ever eaten or cooked with soy cheese, and it surprised us by tasting and melting just like the real thing. definitely much better than the strange low fat cheese my mom is prone to buying.
this recipe is easy, vegan, and delicious. enjoy!
Vegan Quesadillas serves 2
- 1 cup shredded soy cheese (we used Lisanatti Soy-sations, a brand that obviously shares my passion for puns)
- 4 medium tortillas (we used Mission whole wheat tortillas)
- 1 cup prepared corn and black bean salsa
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices pickled jalapeno, chopped and with seeds removed
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil. When it’s hot, add the garlic and saute until browned.
- Get 2 plates and put 1 tortilla on each 1. Use a spoon to spread 1/2 cup salsa onto each tortilla
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese onto each tortilla. Then add the cilantro, garlic, and jalapeno, distributing each evenly between the 2 tortillas.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese onto each tortilla and top with remaining 2 tortillas. Microwave each quesadilla for 2 minutes on medium heat.